I’m not much of a winter runner, but this year, I decided that I’d try to run more in the winter and supplement running with exercise classes/core work. I actually ran about 52 miles already (highest mileage week = 17 miles) in 2015 until…
…I tripped on a lump of salt and sprained my ankle. This happened two weeks ago, and I have another two weeks until I’m allowed to run again. Am currently rocking a lovely walking boot because I was too stubborn to use a treadmill. It’s a rough life. I did a 6 mile long run at a comfortable 9:10 pace two days before the incident, which is usually the shape I’m in around April/May. I was doing so well. Blah.
I have a few races coming up this spring. Goals looking ahead:
- March 22: 1 mile race — I’ve never done a road mile race before, and I’m sooo excited to try it. Finishing a mile likely won’t be a problem, but I really wanted to run this all out. Don’t know if that’ll happen because this is less than two weeks from when I can start to run again. Goal: finish as fast as I can!
- March 28: 5 mile race — this is a little under three weeks from when I can start running again, so I’m just looking to finish 5 miles. Not gunning for any PR’s. Goal: finish/run all 5 miles.
- April 12: 10 mile race. Goal: finish/run all 10 miles
- April 25: potential 5k — hopefully going to get that sub-25! Goal: 5k PR
- May 3: 10 mile race — my favorite race ever. I am hoping to be rested, recovered, and PR-ing here 😀 Goal: 10 mile PR
What are your running goals for this spring?